Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sharron's Birthday Bash and CD Release


     Hey Blog Buddies,
Well that time of year is rolling around again...my BIRTHDAY.  Believe it or not, I always feel a bit melancholy around this day...I'm not sure why...
 So I figured  I would set myself up for a beautiful day, doing what really lights me up- playing and singing.

    Last year's show was an amazing success, the love in the room was beautiful and I'm hoping to create an even better vibe this year.  I'm holding the party/show at a Restaurant I absolutely adore called HIRUT.
(2050 Danforth, just W of woodbine on the N side of Danforth)

   Hirut is owned by Tibebe and Hirut- two of the most beautiful people I have the privilege of knowing.  The food, Ethiopian cuisine is delicious and affordable.  The best part though, is that they make everyone feel completely at home.
 
       So also exciting news, I will be releasing my very 1st CD!  To be honest, I don't really know what this means...Being a star has never been my goal, just creating and sharing my music- a passion I discovered later in life.  And I guess putting some of these songs on a pretty silver disc, just seems like the logical progression.

   I know it's weird, but I actually feel a bit of sadness around this too, because up 'til now I've had a vision, a goal..and now I have no idea of the next step.  So I guess I'll just be in limbo-land until I receive divine guidance.

   So back to the night of June 8th.  I really want you to come!  I want to fill the room with music, and drink, and celebration and yes..CAKE.  I want to be hugged by everyone...I want my music to touch your soul.

     I have the honour of having an amazing artist open for me- Peter Verity.  You can hear and buy his music at www.peterverity.com     Peter's music is soul-full and will touch your heart.  Thanks Peter for joining me.  He will be opening the evening at 7:00pm, just after you've ordered your first Corona, which by the way is only $5.00!!!!

     I will be doing my set from 8:00 to 9:00, mostly originals from my CD and a few covers that have moved me.  My beautiful daughter Aaron will be sitting somewhere in the room selling my CD's. (Love that kid!)

    At 9:30 my band, Shrink Wrapture  will be playing a set.  Cool name eh?  We started off with two psychiatrists...but now we're down to one, our amazing drummer Murray Erlich.  But don't start telling him your problems, lol, cuz I need him that night!!!  (Musically that is (o:)    So the rest of my band, this incredible group of guys who make me laugh so hard ALL the time, include  Stephen Parry, and Michael Klinowski.  I couldn't love these guys more.

   K just a few more words.  I have the most incredible, amazing guitar player, talented singer/songwriter (reminds me a bit of James Taylor)  who has also produced and recorded many songs for me- when I use the word GEM, it is not loosely-Myke Mazzei. www.mykemazzei.bandcamp.com 
Myke just somehow knows the perfect notes to play and sounds the make my songs shine. The thing is, he makes my experience of performing so amazing, I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for Myke.
Also, and just a wee plug here, if you ever need your music recorded, live or studio, Myke is brilliant and affordable! https://www.facebook.com/torontoliverecording?fref=ts
  Also, Murray will be joining us on Congas and the Beautiful Karen Dinardo will be embellishing my songs with her stunning harmonies!

   OK, now just to make the evening go beyond your wildest dreams...we'll be opening the stage after the show for an open jam, hosted by my beautiful friend Nicola Vaughan...and YOU can be a part of my beautiful birthday celebration!!   I have so many talented musician friends who have encouraged me and share my musical journey and I want you guys to share your talent with everyone this evening as well.  xoxo

   OK, so,oh yes, the incredibly talented Julian Taylor has agreed to do my sound- OMG THANK YOU JULIAN, and there is going to be birthday cake!!
   Now Does this sound like a great night or what!!
I'm really looking forward to sharing my birthday with you on June 8th, from 7:00pm into the night, at Hirut Restaurant.  xoxoxo
     Sharron

And ps.  My CD is also available for listening and for sale at www.sharronkatz.bandcamp.com

No comments: